Wednesday, December 28, 2005

South Korea




















President Roh Moo-hyun of South Korea became the eighth world leader to honor my request. Or so I think. His name is not mentioned on either the photo or the envelope.

I wonder what "cheong wa dae" means. Its definitely not President Moo-hyun's name. I'm assuming it means something to the effect of Office of the President.

Its a real elaborate cardboard frame with an extra layer of thin luxurious paper. Its aso a very high quality piece and I'm honored to be the recipient.

The letter was sent under lock and key via Registered Mail. Incidentally, the postal clerk who retrieved the envelope for me, after I presented her with the requisite slip, was from Korea herself and incredulous as to what dealings I have with the President of her native country. She wouldn't stop badgering me with questions...
















3 Comments:

Blogger Janesvillean said...

The clerk bit was hilarious! You should have played it up -- closing a major trade import/export deal, say. ;-)

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should have asked her to translate for you.

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheong Wa Dae is the Korean official residence - The Blue House. You can see it here...

http://www.visitkorea.or.kr/eng/info_db/dest/sight_detail.jsp?seqno=4165

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page