Monday, February 13, 2006

Germany # 2




















Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany became the first world leader to send me two responses to my letter. The first response, which arrived over six weeks ago, was a letter thanking me for congratulating her on recently becoming Chancellor. At the time I expressed disappointment that I did not receive a photograph from her.

Well, apparently someone must have alerted her to this site because she went ahead and sent me a photograph which arrived today. The correspondence also included a card that bears her real actual signature.

I would like to publicly thank her for making amends and express my appreciation for her taking my quest seriously.

One more thing: I noticed that the back of the envelope bears a stamp indicating it was made from 100% recycled paper. I admire her for setting an example and conserving our earth's natural resources. She may only be two months into her Chancellor-ship but she is definitely off to a good start...




























3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm curious as to where this photo was actually sent from. The card and accompanying text say it is from the Federal Chancellery in Berlin yet the postal stamp reads Bonn, the former capital of West Germany. I think that the German government still has many of their offices in Bonn. Was this card signed and mailed from Berlin or Bonn?

10:21 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

Andy, my guess is as good as yours.

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't the German Chancellor look like Hillary Clinton?

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page